City of Tolleson Events
| The Parks and Recreation Department organizes and facilitates
a phenomenal line up of events throughout the year.
Parks & Recreation
Sponsorship and Vendor Opportunities
If you would like to be a sponsor for a City of Tolleson event, please use the following links to learn about how you can become a sponsor and/or vendor for any of these events.
If you are interested in being a food, food truck or craft/product vendor for the City of Tolleson special events, please email Ruth Espinoza at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the special events e-mail list. Thank you for your interest!
2019 Tolleson's 4th of July Celebration
Come and celebrate Independence Day with the City of Tolleson on Monday, July 4th at Veterans Park. This is a FREE event with an amazing firework display, water slides, watermelon, contests (registration required), food & craft vendors and much more.
- Date: Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Time: 4:00 - 9:30 pm
- Where: Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren St, 85353
- Cost: Admission is Free - Food and beverages will be available for purchase
For more information about the Tolleson 4th of July event please call 623-936-2754
Pet Spay/Neuter Day July 11
$30 Spay/Neuter Day!
Fee includes post-surgery requirements of an E-collar & Pain medication* PLUS your pet’s FREE Spay/Neuter & FREE Vaccinations**
*Post-op pain medication is either take-home medication or an injection given prior to discharge.
**Vaccinations for surgery patients only:
Dogs: Rabies vaccine & 4-in-1(Parvo/Distemper) / Cats: Rabies vaccine & 3-in-1 (FVRCP)
A $30 deposit is required when making your pet’s appointment and is non-refundable if you cancel or no-show. The deposit will cover the items listed above.
By Appointment Only. (623) 466-5755 Space is Limited Call Today
Cancellations within 24 hours or a No-Show may result in declined future assistance
Thursday July 11, 2019
Tolleson City Hall
9555 W Van Buren
Tolleson, AZ 85353
CLINIC RULES, RESTRICTIONS, & REQUIREMENTS
- All pets must be in good health
- All pets must be brought in by legal owner, and at least 18 years old
- Puppies/kittens must weigh at least 3 lbs and be at least 16 weeks old
Pets must be between the ages of 4 months and 6 years (Pets over 7 require bloodwork & IV catheter – at an additional cost to pet owner and can only be done at Purrfurred Pets Veterinary Clinic)
- All Dogs must be on a leash
- ALL cats must be in a carrier (only one cat per carrier please)
- Do not feed your pet after 10:00 pm the night before, but water is allowed
- A $30 non-refundable deposit per pet, is required at time of registration
- The deposit will cover the cost of take-home post-surgery pain medication/inj. & e-collar
Additional Vaccination & Services Offered to Surgery Patients Only
- $15 Bordetella
- $5 Microchip
- $5 Nail Trim – while pet is under anesthesia
This event is for owned pets and not intended for rescue groups and/or feral/stray cats
Sponsored by Fix.Adopt.Save. With Staff/Services Support from G.A.P.S.
Notice for Food Trucks, Food Vendors, Craft and Product Vendors
The State of Arizona has sent out the following information below for all vendors, mobile units or temporary, for all festivals conducted in the state of Arizona. Because all vendors must comply with state and city ordinances and laws, there will be a few changes to the guidelines to follow. The City of Tolleson will now require you to register your business and apply for a City Business license. You will be required to obtain a Tolleson Business license annually.
You are required to submit documentation to the State of Arizona for transaction privilege tax (TPT), please read the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) highlighted below. You must comply with the state Tax requirements. The city of Tolleson is required to submit a list of all vendors participating in our events.
The annual City of Tolleson business license are the following:
- Mobile food vendors (truck or trailer) a fee of $120.
- Craft and food tent vendors (temporary) will also need a business license with a fee is $60.
- This will be an annual City of Tolleson fee.
You can apply online at Tolleson Business License Application
PLEASE READ BELOW:
You will also need to get the AZ TPT license.
ADOR highlights tax compliance requirements for special events in Arizona
Arizona is well known for its year-round events, including farmer’s markets, festivals, fairs, craft shows and rodeos. A staple of all of these occasions are numerous vendors that offer customers a wide variety of goods and services.
The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) reminds those who host these events and on-site sellers to heed the potential tax compliance requirements for these events.
TPT license considerations:
- Vendors may need a state transaction privilege tax (TPT) and use tax license and can register on AZTaxes.gov to file and pay online.
- All individuals and businesses making sales, including selling crafts (even considered a hobby), are required by the Department of Revenue to be licensed and responsible for TPT. This is required even if selling only one time per year at special events.
- Promoters organizing a special event may also need a TPT license. (Please note: The TPT Short Form Application is no longer being used)
- Businesses employing personnel during a special event (other than family members) may need to register for Arizona withholding tax.
Tips to determine TPT license steps for special events:
- Vendors and promoters are encouraged to apply for a TPT license online at AZTaxes.gov.
- The Arizona Joint Tax Application is used to apply for transaction privilege tax, use tax, withholding and unemployment insurance.
- If the business is seasonal (no more than eight months) or a transient vendor, they need to indicate the months in which the business will be conducted in Arizona.
- Transient businesses are to be licensed using their home base as the business location.
- Businesses that operate at more than one location must be licensed for each location, but can choose to obtain separate license numbers for each location or report on a consolidated license.
|*Dates & times subject to change|
|Daddy Daughter Dinner & Dance||Saturday, February 23, 2019 - Palm Valley Community Center (14145 W. Palm Valley Blvd, Goodyear 85395)|
|Tolleson Latin Music Festival||Saturday, March 2 & 3 - Downtown Tolleson Paseo de Luces - (between 91st & 94th Avenues and Van Buren Street)|
|Founders Days Whoopee Daze Festival||Friday-Sunday, April 5-7 - Tolleson Veterans Park - 86th Ave & Van Buren St|
|Spring Easter Celebration||Saturday, April 13 - Tolleson Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ 85353|
|Mother & Daughter Event||Saturday, April 27 - Location TBD|
|4th of July Celebration||Thursday, July 4th - Tolleson Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ 85353|
|Father & Son Event||Saturday, October 19, 2019 - Palm Valley Community Center|
|VFW Country Festival||Saturday, September 28 - Tolleson Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ 85353|
|Mother & Son Event||Saturday September 14, 2019 - Location TBD|
|Pride Day||Saturday, October 26th - Tolleson Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ 85353|
|Veterans Day||Monday, November 11th - Tolleson Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ 85353|
|Community Expos||Saturday, November 2, 2019 - Tolleson Veterans Park - 8601 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ 85353|
|Luces de Navidad Street Festival||Friday & Saturday, December 13th & 14th - Downtown Tolleson Paseo de Luces (between 91st & 94th Avenues and Van Buren Street)|
|Movies at Downtown Central Plaza
9200 W. Van Buren Street
|Friday evenings at Sundown - March 8th, April 12th, May 10th, June 7th, September 13th, October 11th, November 8th|